Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories: Mercedes Ruehl
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. JosÃÂ© Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
<< Prev Next >>
- Mercedes Ruehl
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role, 1991
- Mercedes Ruehl became the first Cuban-American to win an Academy Award for her role in The Fisher King. Ruehl also won a Tony for Lost in Yonkers that same year.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Bob Galbraith
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.