2016 Presidential Candidates Slideshow: Donald Trump Buys Doug Flutie
1. Clinton Wins Grammy 2. Sanders Records Folk Album 3. Trump & Wrestlemania 4. Kasich & Bono 5. Christie & Springsteen & Adele 6. Cruz & Palin 7. Rubio's Water Break 8. Jeb Bush Defeated 9. Trump Buys Flutie 10. Clinton Campaigns for Goldwater
- Donald Trump Buys Doug Flutie
- The New Jersey Generals were a United States Football League (USFL) team established in 1982 and owned by Donald Trump. Trump sold the team in 1983, only to buy it back the following year. In 1985, Trump signed celebrated Heisman-winning Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie. Flutie played well until he broke his collarbone in the 15th game of the season. Flutie would not play again for the Generals. In 1986, the Generals merged with the Houston Gamblers. In the photo above, Flutie and Trump appeared at a news conference on Feb. 5, 1985, after Flutie signed a $7 million multi-year contract to play with the Generals.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Marty Lederhandler
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.