Synonyms of zip
- 1. nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, relative quantity
- usage: a quantity of no importance; "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
- 2. ZIP code, ZIP, postcode, postal code, code
- usage: a code of letters and digits added to a postal address to aid in the sorting of mail
- 3. energy, vigor, vigour, zip, force, forcefulness, strength
- usage: forceful exertion; "he plays tennis with great energy"; "he's full of zip"
- 4. slide fastener, zip, zipper, zip fastener, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener for locking together two toothed edges by means of a sliding tab
- 1. zip up, zipper, zip, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: close with a zipper; "Zip up your jacket--it's cold"
- 2. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of zip (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.