- 1. nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, relative quantity
- usage: a quantity of no importance; "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
- 2. zero, 0, nought, cipher, cypher, digit, figure
- usage: a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
- 3. zero, zero point, numerical quantity
- usage: the point on a scale from which positive or negative numerical quantities can be measured
- 4. zero, sight setting
- usage: the sight setting that will cause a projectile to hit the center of the target with no wind blowing
- 1. zero, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust (an instrument or device) to zero value
- 2. zero, zero in, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust (as by firing under test conditions) the zero of (a gun); "He zeroed in his rifle at 200 yards"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. zero, 0, cardinal (vs. ordinal)
- usage: indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration; "a zero score"
- 2. zero(prenominal), no(prenominal) (vs. all) (vs. some)
- usage: having no measurable or otherwise determinable value; "the goal is zero population growth"
- 3. zero, ordinal (vs. cardinal)
- usage: indicating an initial point or origin
- 4. zero
- usage: of or relating to the null set (a set with no members)
All rights reserved.
See also: zero (Dictionary)