Synonyms of yoke
- 1. yoke, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
- 2. yoke, oppression
- usage: an oppressive power; "under the yoke of a tyrant"; "they threw off the yoke of domination"
- 3. couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad, two, 2, II, deuce
- usage: two items of the same kind
- 4. yoke, pair
- usage: a pair of draft animals joined by a yoke; "pulled by a yoke of oxen"
- 5. yoke, support
- usage: support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
- 6. yoke, coupling, connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
- usage: a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
- 7. yoke, stable gear, saddlery, tack
- usage: stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
- 1. yoke, join, conjoin
- usage: become joined or linked together
- 2. yoke, link, attach
- usage: link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
- 3. yoke, attach
- usage: put a yoke on or join with a yoke; "Yoke the draft horses together"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of yoke (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.