Synonyms of yellow
- 1. yellow, yellowness, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons
- 1. yellow, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn yellow; "The pages of the book began to yellow"
- 1. yellow, yellowish, xanthous, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk
- 2. chicken, chickenhearted, lily-livered, white-livered, yellow, yellow-bellied, cowardly (vs. brave), fearful
- usage: easily frightened
- 3. yellow, yellowed, old (vs. new)
- usage: changed to a yellowish color by age; "yellowed parchment"
- 4. scandalmongering, sensationalistic, yellow(prenominal), sensational (vs. unsensational)
- usage: typical of tabloids; "sensational journalistic reportage of the scandal"; "yellow press"
- 5. yellow, dishonorable (vs. honorable), dishonourable
- usage: cowardly or treacherous; "the little yellow stain of treason"-M.W.Straight; "too yellow to stand and fight"
- 6. jaundiced, icteric, yellow, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of yellow (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.