- 1. yawn, yawning, oscitance, oscitancy, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: an involuntary intake of breath through a wide open mouth; usually triggered by fatigue or boredom; "he could not suppress a yawn"; "the yawning in the audience told him it was time to stop"; "he apologized for his oscitancy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. yawn, breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire
- usage: utter a yawn, as from lack of oxygen or when one is tired; "The child yawned during the long performance"
- 2. gape, yawn, yaw, be
- usage: be wide open; "the deep gaping canyon"
All rights reserved.
See also: yawn (Dictionary)