WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. yard, pace, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- 2. yard, grounds, curtilage, field
- usage: the enclosed land around a house or other building; "it was a small house with almost no yard"
- 3. yard, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings); "they opened a repair yard on the edge of town"
- 4. thousand, one thousand, 1000, M, K, chiliad, G, grand, thou, yard, large integer
- usage: the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- 5. cubic yard, yard, volume unit, capacity unit, capacity measure, cubage unit, cubic measure, cubic content unit, displacement unit, cubature unit
- usage: a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel)
- 6. yard, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a tract of land where logs are accumulated
- 7. yard, railway yard, railyard, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- 8. yard, spar
- usage: a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen
- 9. yard, enclosure
- usage: an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)
All rights reserved.
See also: yard (Dictionary)