- 1. quarrel, wrangle, row, words, run-in, dustup, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: an angry dispute; "they had a quarrel"; "they had words"
- 2. haggle, haggling, wrangle, wrangling, bargaining
- usage: an instance of intense argument (as in bargaining)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brawl, wrangle, quarrel, dispute, scrap, argufy, altercate
- usage: to quarrel noisily, angrily or disruptively; "The bar keeper threw them out, but they continued to wrangle on down the street"
- 2. wrangle, herd
- usage: herd and care for; "wrangle horses"
All rights reserved.
See also: wrangle (Dictionary)