Synonyms of worms
- 1. worm, invertebrate
- usage: any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes; also many insect larvae
- 2. worm, louse, insect, dirt ball, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
- 3. worm, malevolent program
- usage: a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network; "worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers"
- 4. worm, screw
- usage: screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
- 1. writhe, wrestle, wriggle, worm, squirm, twist, move
- usage: to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling); "The prisoner writhed in discomfort"; "The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of worms (Dictionary)