usage: developing in intricate and painstaking detail
1. work out, work up, develop, make grow
usage: come up with; "His colleagues worked out his interesting idea"; "We worked up an ad for our client"
2. work out, turn out, come out
usage: happen in a certain way, leading to, producing, or resulting in a certain outcome, often well; "Things worked out in an interesting way"; "Not everything worked out in the end and we were disappointed"
3. elaborate, work out, develop, make grow
usage: work out in detail; "elaborate a plan"
4. exercise, work out
usage: do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
5. work out, total, number, add up, come, amount
usage: be calculated; "The fees work out to less than $1,000"
6. calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure, reason
usage: make a mathematical calculation or computation
usage: find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of; "did you solve the problem?"; "Work out your problems with the boss"; "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"; "did you get it?"; "Did you get my meaning?"; "He could not work the math problem"
8. exercise, work, work out, work, put to work
usage: give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind"