WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wood, plant material, plant substance
- usage: the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
- 2. forest, wood, woods, vegetation, flora, botany
- usage: the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- 3. Wood, Natalie Wood
- usage: United States film actress (1938-1981)
- 4. Wood, Sir Henry Wood, Sir Henry Joseph Wood
- usage: English conductor (1869-1944)
- 5. Wood, Mrs. Henry Wood, Ellen Price Wood
- usage: English writer of novels about murders and thefts and forgeries (1814-1887)
- 6. Wood, Grant Wood
- usage: United States painter noted for works based on life in the Midwest (1892-1942)
- 7. woodwind, woodwind instrument, wood, wind instrument, wind
- usage: any wind instrument other than the brass instruments
- 8. wood, golf club, golf-club, club
- usage: a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots; originally made with a wooden head; "metal woods are now standard"
All rights reserved.
See also: wood (Dictionary)