- 1. wolf, canine, canid
- usage: any of various predatory carnivorous canine mammals of North America and Eurasia that usually hunt in packs
- 2. Wolf, Hugo Wolf
- usage: Austrian composer (1860-1903)
- 3. Wolf, Friedrich August Wolf
- usage: German classical scholar who claimed that the Iliad and Odyssey were composed by several authors (1759-1824)
- 4. wolf, woman chaser, skirt chaser, masher, womanizer, womaniser, philanderer
- usage: a man who is aggressive in making amorous advances to women
- 5. beast, wolf, savage, brute, wildcat, attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
- usage: a cruelly rapacious person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wolf, wolf down, eat
- usage: eat hastily; "The teenager wolfed down the pizza"
All rights reserved.
See also: wolf (Dictionary)