- 1. withers, body part
- usage: the highest part of the back at the base of the neck of various animals especially draft animals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
All rights reserved.
See also: withers (Dictionary)