- 1. wing, organ
- usage: a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
- 2. wing, airfoil, aerofoil, control surface, surface
- usage: one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
- 3. wing, offstage, backstage, stage
- usage: a stage area out of sight of the audience
- 4. wing, air unit
- usage: a unit of military aircraft
- 5. flank, wing, formation
- usage: the side of military or naval formation; "they attacked the enemy's right flank"
- 6. wing, hockey player, ice-hockey player
- usage: a hockey player stationed in a forward position on either side
- 7. wing, position, place
- usage: (in flight formation) a position to the side and just to the rear of another aircraft
- 8. wing, social group
- usage: a group within a political party or legislature or other organization that holds distinct views or has a particular function; "they are the progressive wing of the Republican Party"
- 9. wing, helping, portion, serving
- usage: the wing of a fowl; "he preferred the drumsticks to the wings"
- 10. fender, wing, barrier
- usage: a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud; "in Britain they call a fender a wing"
- 11. annex, annexe, extension, wing, addition, add-on, improver
- usage: an addition that extends a main building
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fly, wing, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
All rights reserved.
See also: wing (Dictionary)