WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coil, whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll, round shape
- usage: a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- 2. lock, curl, ringlet, whorl, hair
- usage: a strand or cluster of hair
- 3. coil, spiral, volute, whorl, helix, structure, construction
- usage: a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
All rights reserved.
See also: whorl (Dictionary)