WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gorse, furze, whin, Irish gorse, Ulex europaeus, shrub, bush
- usage: very spiny and dense evergreen shrub with fragrant golden-yellow flowers; common throughout western Europe
- 2. woodwaxen, dyer's greenweed, dyer's-broom, dyeweed, greenweed, whin, woadwaxen, Genista tinctoria, broom
- usage: small Eurasian shrub having clusters of yellow flowers that yield a dye; common as a weed in Britain and the United States; sometimes grown as an ornamental
- 3. whinstone, whin, rock, stone
- usage: any of various hard colored rocks (especially rocks consisting of chert or basalt)
All rights reserved.
See also: whin (Dictionary)