WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Wellington, Duke of Wellington, First Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Iron Duke
- usage: British general and statesman; he defeated Napoleon at Waterloo; subsequently served as Prime Minister (1769-1852)
- 2. Wellington, capital of New Zealand
- usage: the capital of New Zealand
- 3. Hessian boot, hessian, jackboot, Wellington, Wellington boot, boot
- usage: (19th century) a man's high tasseled boot
All rights reserved.
See also: wellington (Dictionary)