- 1. wedding, wedding ceremony, nuptials, hymeneals, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: the social event at which the ceremony of marriage is performed
- 2. marriage, wedding, marriage ceremony, ritual, rite
- usage: the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony; "their marriage was conducted in the chapel"
- 3. wedding, wedding party, party
- usage: a party of people at a wedding
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marry, get married, wed, conjoin, hook up with, get hitched with, espouse, unite, unify
- usage: take in marriage
- 2. marry, wed, tie, splice, officiate
- usage: perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
All rights reserved.
See also: wedding (Dictionary)