- 1. web, object, physical object
- usage: an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving; "the trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn"
- 2. web, entanglement, trap
- usage: an intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
- 3. vane, web, blade
- usage: the flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- 4. network, web, system, scheme
- usage: an interconnected system of things or people; "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"; "tangled in a web of cloth"
- 5. World Wide Web, WWW, web, computer network
- usage: computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol
- 6. web, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a fabric (especially a fabric in the process of being woven)
- 7. web, membrane, tissue layer
- usage: membrane connecting the toes of some aquatic birds and mammals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. web, net, weave, tissue
- usage: construct or form a web, as if by weaving
All rights reserved.
See also: web (Dictionary)