- 1. weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition, atmospheric phenomenon
- usage: the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"; "the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow"
- 1. weather, endure, brave, brave out, defy, withstand, hold, hold up
- usage: face and withstand with courage; "She braved the elements"
- 2. weather, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: cause to slope
- 3. weather, sail
- usage: sail to the windward of
- 4. weather, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: change under the action or influence of the weather; "A weathered old hut"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. upwind, weather(prenominal), windward (vs. leeward)
- usage: towards the side exposed to wind
All rights reserved.
See also: weather (Dictionary)