Synonyms of weakening
- 1. weakening, transformation, transmutation, shift
- usage: becoming weaker
- 2. weakening, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of reducing the strength of something
- 1. weaken, change, alter, modify
- usage: lessen the strength of; "The fever weakened his body"
- 2. weaken, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become weaker; "The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days"
- 3. sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert, weaken, disobey
- usage: destroy property or hinder normal operations; "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
- 4. de-escalate, weaken, step down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of; "de-escalate a crisis"
- 5. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 1. debilitative, enervating, enfeebling, weakening, debilitating (vs. invigorating)
- usage: causing debilitation
- 2. weakening, moderating (vs. intensifying)
- usage: moderating by making pain or sorrow weaker
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.