WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Washington, Washington D.C., American capital, capital of the United States
- usage: the capital of the United States in the District of Columbia and a tourist mecca; George Washington commissioned Charles L'Enfant to lay out the city in 1791
- 2. Washington, Evergreen State, WA
- usage: a state in northwestern United States on the Pacific
- 3. Capital, Washington
- usage: the federal government of the United States
- 4. Washington, George Washington, President Washington
- usage: 1st President of the United States; commander-in-chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolution (1732-1799)
- 5. Washington, Booker T. Washington, Booker Taliaferro Washington
- usage: United States educator who was born a slave but became educated and founded a college at Tuskegee in Alabama (1856-1915)
All rights reserved.
See also: washington (Dictionary)