WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wallflower, flower
- usage: any of numerous plants of the genus Erysimum having fragrant yellow or orange or brownish flowers
- 2. wallflower, Cheiranthus cheiri, Erysimum cheiri, flower
- usage: perennial of southern Europe having clusters of fragrant flowers of all colors especially yellow and orange; often naturalized on old walls or cliffs; sometimes placed in genus Erysimum
- 3. wallflower, shy person, shrinking violet
- usage: remains on sidelines at social event
All rights reserved.
See also: wallflower (Dictionary)