Synonyms of voting
- 1. vote, ballot, voting, balloting, choice, selection, option, pick
- usage: a choice that is made by counting the number of people in favor of each alternative; "there were only 17 votes in favor of the motion"; "they allowed just one vote per person"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vote, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote; "He voted for the motion"; "None of the Democrats voted last night"
- 2. vote, express, state
- usage: express one's choice or preference by vote; "vote the Democratic ticket"
- 3. vote, express, state
- usage: express a choice or opinion; "I vote that we all go home"; "She voted for going to the Chinese restaurant"
- 4. vote
- usage: be guided by in voting; "vote one's conscience"
- 5. vote, vote
- usage: bring into existence or make available by vote; "They voted aid for the underdeveloped countries in Asia"
All rights reserved.