WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. voluminous, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: large in volume or bulk; "a voluminous skirt"
- 2. tortuous, twisting, twisty, winding, voluminous, crooked (vs. straight)
- usage: marked by repeated turns and bends; "a tortuous road up the mountain"; "winding roads are full of surprises"; "had to steer the car down a twisty track"
- 3. copious, voluminous, abundant (vs. scarce)
- usage: large in number or quantity (especially of discourse); "she took copious notes"; "a subject of voluminous legislation"
All rights reserved.
See also: voluminous (Dictionary)