WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. volume, measure, quantity, amount
- usage: the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object; "the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- 2. bulk, mass, volume, magnitude
- usage: the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
- 3. book, volume, product, production
- usage: physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- 4. volume, publication
- usage: a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications; "the third volume was missing"; "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
- 5. volume, measure, quantity, amount
- usage: a relative amount; "mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- 6. volume, loudness, intensity, sound property
- usage: the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction); "the kids played their music at full volume"
All rights reserved.
See also: volume (Dictionary)