- 1. vitriol, oil of vitriol, sulfuric acid, sulphuric acid, acid
- usage: (H2SO4) a highly corrosive acid made from sulfur dioxide; widely used in the chemical industry
- 2. vituperation, invective, vitriol, abuse, insult, revilement, contumely, vilification
- usage: abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vitriol, subject
- usage: expose to the effects of vitriol or injure with vitriol
- 2. vitriol, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: subject to bitter verbal abuse
All rights reserved.
See also: vitriol (Dictionary)