- 1. virginal, pair of virginals, harpsichord, cembalo
- usage: a legless rectangular harpsichord; played (usually by women) in the 16th and 17th centuries
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. virginal
- usage: characteristic of a virgin or virginity; "virginal white dresses"
- 2. virginal, pure (vs. impure)
- usage: untouched or undefiled; "nor is there anything more virginal than the shimmer of young foliage"- L.P.Smith
- 3. pure, vestal, virgin, virginal, virtuous, chaste (vs. unchaste)
- usage: in a state of sexual virginity; "pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
All rights reserved.
See also: virginal (Dictionary)