Synonyms of violated
- 1. violate, go against, break
- usage: fail to agree with; be in violation of; as of rules or patterns; "This sentence violates the rules of syntax"
- 2. transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break, disrespect
- usage: act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises; "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- 3. violate, touch, disturb
- usage: destroy; "Don't violate my garden"; "violate my privacy"
- 4. desecrate, profane, outrage, violate, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetery"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
- 5. rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
- 6. rape, spoil, despoil, violate, plunder, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. profaned, violated, desecrated (vs. consecrated)
- usage: treated irreverently or sacrilegiously
All rights reserved.