WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retaliatory, relatiative, retributive, retributory, vindicatory, punitive (vs. rehabilitative), punitory
- usage: of or relating to or having the nature of retribution; "retributive justice demands an eye for an eye"
- 2. retributive, retributory, vindicatory, just (vs. unjust)
- usage: given or inflicted in requital according to merits or deserts; "retributive justice"
- 3. justificative, justificatory, vindicatory, exculpatory (vs. inculpatory)
- usage: providing justification
All rights reserved.
See also: vindicatory (Dictionary)