WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. justify, vindicate, uphold, maintain
- usage: show to be right by providing justification or proof; "vindicate a claim"
- 2. vindicate, maintain, defend
- usage: maintain, uphold, or defend; "vindicate the rights of the citizens"
- 3. vindicate, acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate
- usage: clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting proof; "You must vindicate yourself and fight this libel"
All rights reserved.
See also: vindicate (Dictionary)