WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vicarious, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: experienced at secondhand; "read about mountain climbing and felt vicarious excitement"
- 2. vicarious, abnormal (vs. normal), unnatural
- usage: occurring in an abnormal part of the body instead of the usual site involved in that function; "vicarious menstruation"
- 3. vicarious, exchangeable (vs. unexchangeable)
- usage: suffered or done by one person as a substitute for another; "vicarious atonement"
All rights reserved.
See also: vicarious (Dictionary)