WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. verify, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: confirm the truth of; "Please verify that the doors are closed"; "verify a claim"
- 2. control, verify, test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay
- usage: check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
- 3. verify, confirm, reassert
- usage: attach or append a legal verification to (a pleading or petition)
- 4. affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear, declare
- usage: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
All rights reserved.
See also: verify (Dictionary)