WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vector, variable, variable quantity
- usage: a variable quantity that can be resolved into components
- 2. vector, straight line
- usage: a straight line segment whose length is magnitude and whose orientation in space is direction
- 3. vector, transmitter, agent
- usage: any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease; "mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever"; "fleas are vectors of the plague"; "aphids are transmitters of plant diseases"; "when medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects"
- 4. vector, virus
- usage: (genetics) a virus or other agent that is used to deliver DNA to a cell
All rights reserved.
See also: vector (Dictionary)