WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection containing a variety of sorts of things; "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
- 2. diverseness, diversity, multifariousness, variety, heterogeneity, heterogeneousness
- usage: noticeable heterogeneity; "a diversity of possibilities"; "the range and variety of his work is amazing"
- 3. variety, taxonomic group, taxonomic category, taxon
- usage: (biology) a taxonomic category consisting of members of a species that differ from others of the same species in minor but heritable characteristics; "varieties are frequently recognized in botany"
- 4. variety show, variety, show
- usage: a show consisting of a series of short unrelated performances
- 5. kind, sort, form, variety, category
- usage: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality; "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
- 6. variety, change, difference
- usage: a difference that is usually pleasant; "he goes to France for variety"; "it is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"
All rights reserved.
See also: variety (Dictionary)