- 1. vanilla, orchid, orchidaceous plant
- usage: any of numerous climbing plants of the genus Vanilla having fleshy leaves and clusters of large waxy highly fragrant white or green or topaz flowers
- 2. vanilla, vanilla extract, flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring, seasoner, seasoning
- usage: a flavoring prepared from vanilla beans macerated in alcohol (or imitating vanilla beans)
- 3. vanilla, relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, nip, tang
- usage: a distinctive fragrant flavor characteristic of vanilla beans
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vanilla
- usage: flavored with vanilla extract; "he liked vanilla ice cream"
- 2. vanilla, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: plain and without any extras or adornments; "the most common type of bond is the straight or plain vanilla bond"; "the basic car is known as the vanilla version"
All rights reserved.
See also: vanilla (Dictionary)