WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. weathervane, weather vane, vane, wind vane, mechanical device
- usage: mechanical device attached to an elevated structure; rotates freely to show the direction of the wind
- 2. vane, fin
- usage: a fin attached to the tail of an arrow, bomb or missile in order to stabilize or guide it
- 3. blade, vane, rotating mechanism
- usage: flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- 4. vane, web, blade
- usage: the flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
All rights reserved.
See also: vane (Dictionary)