WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. avant-garde, vanguard, van, new wave, artistic movement, art movement
- usage: any creative group active in the innovation and application of new concepts and techniques in a given field (especially in the arts)
- 2. vanguard, van, army unit
- usage: the leading units moving at the head of an army
- 3. van, car, railcar, railway car, railroad car
- usage: (Great Britain) a closed railroad car that carries baggage or freight
- 4. van, caravan, camper, camping bus, motor home
- usage: a camper equipped with living quarters
- 5. van, truck, motortruck
- usage: a truck with an enclosed cargo space
All rights reserved.
See also: van (Dictionary)