WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. valency, chemical phenomenon
- usage: the phenomenon of forming chemical bonds
- 2. valence, valency, power, powerfulness
- usage: (biology) a relative capacity to unite or react or interact as with antigens or a biological substrate
- 3. valence, valency, power, powerfulness
- usage: (chemistry) a property of atoms or radicals; their combining power given in terms of the number of hydrogen atoms (or the equivalent)
All rights reserved.
See also: valency (Dictionary)