- 1. valediction, valedictory address, valedictory oration, valedictory, oratory
- usage: a farewell oration (especially one delivered during graduation exercises by an outstanding member of a graduating class)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. valedictory
- usage: of or relating to an occasion or expression of farewell; "a valedictory address"; "valedictory praise for his uniformly manly course"; "a suitable valedictory gesture"
- 2. valedictory, exaugural (vs. inaugural)
- usage: of a speech expressing leave-taking; "a valedictory address"
All rights reserved.
See also: valedictory (Dictionary)