- 1. utmost, uttermost, maximum, level best, limit, bound, boundary
- usage: the greatest possible degree; "he tried his utmost"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extreme, utmost(prenominal), uttermost(prenominal), intense (vs. mild)
- usage: of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity; "extreme cold"; "extreme caution"; "extreme pleasure"; "utmost contempt"; "to the utmost degree"; "in the uttermost distress"
- 2. farthermost, farthest, furthermost, furthest, utmost, uttermost, far (vs. near)
- usage: (comparatives of `far') most remote in space or time or order; "had traveled to the farthest frontier"; "don't go beyond the farthermost (or furthermost) tree"; "explored the furthest reaches of space"; "the utmost tip of the peninsula"
All rights reserved.
See also: uttermost (Dictionary)