Synonyms of urging
- 1. goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring, encouragement
- usage: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
- 2. urging, advocacy, protagonism
- usage: the act of earnestly supporting or encouraging
- 3. importunity, urgency, urging, solicitation
- usage: insistent solicitation and entreaty; "his importunity left me no alternative but to agree"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. urge, urge on, press, exhort, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: force or impel in an indicated direction; "I urged him to finish his studies"
- 2. recommend, urge, advocate, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: push for something; "The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day"
- 3. cheer, root on, inspire, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up, encourage
- usage: spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts; "The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
All rights reserved.