- 1. urge, impulse, motivation, motive, need
- usage: an instinctive motive; "profound religious impulses"
- 2. urge, itch, desire
- usage: a strong restless desire; "why this urge to travel?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. urge, urge on, press, exhort, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: force or impel in an indicated direction; "I urged him to finish his studies"
- 2. recommend, urge, advocate, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: push for something; "The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day"
- 3. cheer, root on, inspire, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up, encourage
- usage: spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts; "The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
All rights reserved.
See also: urge (Dictionary)