- 1. upstairs, part, portion
- usage: the part of a building above the ground floor; "no one was allowed to see the upstairs"
- 1. upstairs (vs. downstairs), upstair
- usage: on or of upper floors of a building; "the upstairs maid"; "an upstairs room"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. upstairs, up the stairs, on a higher floor
- usage: on a floor above; "they lived upstairs"
- 2. upstairs
- usage: with respect to the mind; "she's a bit weak upstairs"
All rights reserved.
See also: upstairs (Dictionary)