Synonyms of upsetting
- 1. upset, touch, disturb
- usage: disturb the balance or stability of; "The hostile talks upset the peaceful relations between the two countries"
- 2. upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: cause to lose one's composure
- 3. disturb, upset, trouble, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
- 4. overturn, tip over, turn over, upset, knock over, bowl over, tump over, move, displace
- usage: cause to overturn from an upright or normal position; "The cat knocked over the flower vase"; "the clumsy customer turned over the vase"; "he tumped over his beer"
- 5. swage, upset, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form metals with a swage
- 6. upset, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat suddenly and unexpectedly; "The foreign team upset the local team"
- 1. disconcerting, upsetting, displeasing (vs. pleasing)
- usage: causing an emotional disturbance; "his disconcerting habit of greeting friends ferociously and strangers charmingly"- Herb Caen; "an upsetting experience"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of upsetting (Dictionary)