Synonyms of uprise
- 1. originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow, become
- usage: come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
- 2. uprise, ascend, go up
- usage: ascend as a sound; "The choirs singing uprose and filled the church"
- 3. bristle, uprise, stand up
- usage: rise up as in fear; "The dog's fur bristled"; "It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
- 4. arise, rise, uprise, get up, stand up, change posture
- usage: rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
- 5. rise, come up, uprise, ascend, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
- 6. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- 7. resurrect, rise, uprise, return
- usage: return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
- 8. get up, turn out, arise, uprise, rise
- usage: get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of uprise (Dictionary)