- 1. uplifting, rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- usage: the rise of something; "the uplifting of the clouds revealed the blue of a summer sky"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: fill with high spirits; fill with optimism; "Music can uplift your spirits"
- 2. uplift, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: lift up from the earth, as by geologic forces; "the earth's movement uplifted this part of town"
- 3. uplift, push up
- usage: lift up or elevate
All rights reserved.
See also: uplifting (Dictionary)