- 1. upheaval, uplift, upthrow, upthrust, rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- usage: (geology) a rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building)
- 2. uplift, brassiere, bra, bandeau
- usage: a brassiere that lifts and supports the breasts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: fill with high spirits; fill with optimism; "Music can uplift your spirits"
- 2. uplift, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: lift up from the earth, as by geologic forces; "the earth's movement uplifted this part of town"
- 3. uplift, push up
- usage: lift up or elevate
All rights reserved.
See also: uplift (Dictionary)