WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
- 2. uphold, defend, support, fend for
- usage: stand up for; stick up for; of causes, principles, or ideals
- 3. uphold, maintain, confirm, reassert
- usage: support against an opponent; "The appellate court upheld the verdict"
All rights reserved.
See also: uphold (Dictionary)